Monday, March 16, 2009

Questions and Answers

This blog is my humble attempt to answer the questions in Soul Mate which were published in the Sunday Times of India Mumbai Edition from a different perspective.

In no way does this blog intend to show the answers given in the newspapers as incorrect or incomplete and I understand that we all see and believe in things what our mind wants us to see. In this journey which we are given to call life , it is our desire to know the truth that keeps us feeding with fuel.

Question 1 If the philosophy of Karma is true, then is it right for me to pray to God and ask him to rid me of my miseries?. If my sufferings are a result of my deeds, then do i have the right to pray for my sorrows to be alleviated? I've been struggling with this question for quite some time ?


A Life and Spirit believers reply.


We dont know if the present is a culmination of all our past actions or a prelude of the future.Hence the Karmic theory could be flawed. If we are suffering in the present for our past actions then when in the present do we make our future, since time is singular.Praying to God for eradicating our miseries is natural for us as our relation to Him is of a child to a Father/Mother and we have every right
to cry and ask for favour or to shield us. As to whether the sufferings are a result of our deeds, nobody could answer that as our preview of this universe has been drastically altered by faith shaking theories in physics which believe that the consequence could come first in time and the cause later.

Question 2 I am 25 and have a good job and wealthy family. But everytjing seems utterly futile. Its been a long time since i lost interest and enthusiasm for life.
I started to meditate 10 years ago but that didnt help. Please suggest a practical way to find my real potential and achieve inner peace in my journey through life.

A Life and Spirit believers reply.

It is really surprising that meditation did not give you a glimpse in to the wonderful world that we inhabit and the nature of the spirit behind it.
Probably you are missing something in your life. Could it be the struggle that all of us go through to fulfill our desire ? or the companionship of a friend guide and
co-traveller on your journey ? Well we are only guessing but I am sure if you look inside your SELF, not only would you find the answer but the means to posses it.


Question 3 I am 18 and studying for a B.com degree. I feel that somehow I cant succed at anything, be it academics or my hobbies. I have no confidence in my abilities. I am always beset with negative thoughts. I am a loser who cant do anything in life. I want to be free of negativity. Could you help at all and guide me.?


A Life and Spirit believers reply.

Most probable causes in a teenager and even later in life adults with regards to inconsistencies in their outlook which is sometimes bashful and sometimes gloomy has to do with Wastage or Disipation of Energies by means that give gratification for a small time but take a big cost on our confidence and worth. Negativity usually does not come easily to a strong person who has character and health but negativity uses the weak body to grow and cripples it after use. But all is not lost and a fair realisation of our doings with some amount of thrust can undo all the done in the past

No comments: